Friday, October 21, 2011

And she walks! ...and climbs.

Things change fast around here. While Norah took her first steps almost a month and a half ago, she is now putting several together and walking! While crawling is still her preferred (read: faster) method of movement, she finally realized it's much easier to transport items while walking.

I'm pretty proud of the walking. It's the climbing I'm not so excited about. Let me tell you...this girl loves to climb. Unfortunately, she a natural. It started with the slide. Then the little pink reading chair. And now everything her little monkey toes reach. She's pretty proud of herself.




Look carefully at her position here. She's just lounging in the crevice...snacking on a necklace.

Omar took this picture of her after he watched her climb into the jumper all. by. herself

I've already put this grocery cart into hiding. She has no interest in pushing it, but rather sitting and standing in it or using as a step-stool. (I may or may not confess to taking several pictures of her in this position, therefore causing me to be too far away when she fell and got the biggest knot I've ever felt).


So my carefree days are over. Just two weeks ago, I could let her play in the living room while I stepped out to put clothes away, wash some dishes, or use the restroom. Now...I can't trust her for a second. I'm dreading the day she's big enough to crawl up on the couch.

Omar predicts she'll be the one to frequent the emergency room. I'm afraid I agree. 

3 comments:

BeBe,  October 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Oh My Lord, she's cute, but how did she balance herself in the rocking chair. She's amazing.

Amanda Wilson October 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

Oh my goodness. This is too funny and too dangerous for you! I love these pictures, though. She is so pretty.

mama Dee,  October 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

The pictures are wonderful. I especially like the last one. It's beautiful. But I have to say....like mother, like daughter. You were just like that as a toddler. And even as a little girl, I couldn't keep you from climbing everywhere. I can relate to the sofa concern. At about a year old, you climbed up the back and then fell forward onto the coffee table, thus a trip to er. Whew, it still makes me cringe.

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP