Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Really?

Last Thursday was not the best of days for me. I took a shower first thing in the morning and lost every bit of my breakfast...in the shower...yum. This often occurred in my first trimester so I wasn't concerned at all. My tummy felt bad all day and I had little to eat or drink. Around 4:30pm, I started to feel crampy on the lower right side of my uterus and down my leg. The cramp continued for a while and spread over my whole uterus. Sadie was balled up and my uterus was hard as a rock. I thought it might be a Braxton Hick, but it didn't go away. I ended up talking to Allie Major and later called the doctor. The nurse told me to lay on my left side, drink some water, and take Tylenol. I did and the pain eventually dissipated. I went to my scheduled doctor appointment the next morning and he described the cramp as a really impressive Charlie Horse in my uterus. He was not concerned at all, but encouraged me to stay hydrated. So...I basically had an hour long contraction that did not let up. Fun, huh? 

This "Charlie Horse" was incredibly painful. Luckily, Omar happened to come home early and did a great job taking care of me. The picture below is of me still in pain, but starting to feel better (evidenced by the half-hearted 'thumbs up'). Also included is a picture comparing my belly at 30 weeks and 34 weeks. Less than six weeks left!!!

1 comments:

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD December 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Hang in there..sadie will be out soon!
-marni

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP