Gross...
We have a few stories from this past week...
1. So Sadie and I took a trip to Walmart a couple days ago. There was no need to buy a ham for Thanksgivoing (not that I eat it anyway), because I had a live one playing in the front of my cart. Every person we passed, Sadie felt the need to smile, talk, and reach to. She had a blast. Seriously. At Walmart. You have never seen a cuter or happier kid. The only drawback, is that at least 15 people had to stop and play with her. Several of which, thought it was appropriate to touch my child. A stranger's child. I don't understand. And you never know where those hands have been. Ick. When we were waiting to check out, a super sweet old veteran and his daughter were behind us. Sadie was smiling at him as usual, so he started to play with her. He even put his super worn, veteran, mesh, trucker hat on her head. Gross. Luckily, he was sweet. He also helped distract her once I got my wallet out. As soon as she saw it, she decided to become an instant toddler and threw a fit until I gave it to her. Absolute fit. I can't believe we're already at that age.
She took a bath that night.
2. We have a problem. A mouse problem. I know. Gross. There is a town of mice just outside our window next to the deck. I first noticed a problem when Omar was grilling last week. Now I already had suspicions of foul play. I had recently observed that the bird seed level in the feeder just outside our window had started to decrease. We haven't had any birds lately because of all the construction. A bit shady. Anyway...we were grilling and I thought I saw something on the bird feeder...eating. It was a mouse. He just looked up at me, as if to say, "excuse me...can I help you." What gall he had. Shouldn't he have been running in fear of death? Uggg... It wasn't long before we found mice holes along our foundation. They also knocked a heap of birdseed onto the ground and feast away. Last night, I saw TEN mice eating their thanksgiving feast outside our window. Turns out Terminix doesn't take care of rodents outside the home. We are currently trying different methods to send them on their way (and if it turns out to be mice heaven, then so be it).
3. Omar and I carved pumpkins the weekend before Halloween. I just now got around to taking pictures of them. Omar's is supposed to have "barfed" pumpkins guts, but that would have been too messy. And I, of course, carved my annual Christmas/winter pumpkin. This is how they look now. Gross.
4. We had two trees planted in our back yard. We are such grown ups. I never thought I would be excited to spend money on trees. Soooo grown up.
5. I'm going to the eye doctor today. First time I can remember going. I'm sooo scared and annoyed that I'm going to be doomed to a life of glasses, contacts, and a kids always reaching for what mommy and daddy are looking through.
6. Sadie and I went to the Wild Wilderness Safari with Rachel and Evie yesterday. It is a super random place, but I love it. The animals were gross, but in an awesome way. I'll post some pics when I get around to editing them.
7. Here's a random cute pic of Sadie that I had to throw in. We were going for a walk and it was a bit brisk out. I layered her up and this is the outfit that we ended up with. I think Rachel Billingsley would be very proud.
8. I am not going to bore you with a thousand more stories. I'll save that for another post. Have a good weekend!






5 comments:
Scooter's a natural born ratter, plus she's rested and ready for service. You can call on her anytime.
I think "gross" has become your new favorite word. Ha. Actually, I think the mice are kind of cute. Especially the one sitting on the feeder. However, it did bring me back to the summer in our back yard flower bed, when I panicked and beat a mouse to death, before it reached the broken vent into the basement. I was upset about it for a week.
The smile on Sadie's face, as she's looking at you, is AWESOME! LOVE IT!
The Wal-Mart story is great, but the mice might be better.....hahaha.
Oh, c'mon Jenn. The mice are adorable. Mice gotta eat too!
I guess the mice are kinda cute, you know in a gross, micey kind of way:)
Sadie is adorable and I am totally digging her bold/clashing color outfit.
Post a Comment