Smart? Yes Mama...I know.
It is true...we have the smartest kid ever. She has been learning at such a fast rate lately and it is a joy to watch. For instance, we have been teaching her baby sign language for "more" and "all done" while eating. One morning last week, all the pieces came together for her, she looked me in the eye, and asked for more with her hands. Hallelujah!!! She hasn't quit asking for "more" since. I quickly learned that "more" also means "give me something else other than the mass of food already before me" or "give me more of your Cheez-Its because they're delicious and I don't plan on eating anything else."
Today, I caught her doing this...
She picked up each one of her wooden, farm animal puzzle pieces and gently piled them on the window sill...only to take them all off and start over...again and again and again.
At lunch today, she decided she was no longer hungry and started throwing her food off her plate. At one point she leaned as far out of her high chair as possible, looking at the ground, dropped a piece of asparagus, waved, and said "bye-bye." My kid is hilarious too.
Sadie often plays in the bathroom while we're getting ready in the morning. She likes to throw open the cabinets and pull everything out. Among said items is a bottle of mineral oil that Omar uses to maintain his hair clippers. I have no idea how it happened, but she managed to get the cap off and coated our floor, rug, and herself with oil. Fun. Real fun.
Here's a few pics we recently took...
"What Ma?"

"You wanna read?"
"Or maybe pull down the freshly cleaned and folded clothes off the table?"
"Or eat a nightlight?"
"Or eat my nail clippers?"
"Or play with daddy?"
"Or just be the cutest baby ever?"











2 comments:
Sadie is the "smarted" kid and you "new" something was up. Being a stay-at-home mom is affecting your spelling.
I love the pictures of her lining up her farm animals. So cute. She is so funny!
You still can spell/write better than me:) I have at least 5 typos in every blog post. I can help that my main source of communication is with toddlers:)
Post a Comment