Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Madness

It's been quite the busy and exciting holiday weekend for us! Our weekend started early on Thursday with our good friend and neighbor Traci giving birth to her second baby boy. He was born via c-section, so he was quite the handsome boy...none of that swelling/bruising because I was just crammed through a small pipe, alien look. I'm glad she's had a kid just a few months before me to help get me back into baby mode! Anywho...I forwent my daily naps so I could visit him in the hospital.


So we rarely had visitors. And when we do, there is usually very little going on. Well just after Traci had her baby, one of Omar's old students from his youth ministry days joined us for a weekend visit! Abby is never short of wit or sarcasm, so we had a great weekend with her (Omar may have gotten the short end of the stick between Abby and I ganging up on him though). Omar did a lot of grilling/cooking, which you will never hear me complaining about. We also enjoyed lots of time at the farmer's market, Rick's Bakery, and Devil's Den State Park.


We're daring like that.



Abby "deep in thought." This was just before she found a foot long lizard and our third snake sighting of the day.

Sadie enthralled with the dam.

Sadie has taken a liking to water (watch video in the post below if you haven't yet). We will see how she does with the pool.

Not only did our neighbor have a kid and Abby come in town, but my Uncle Chris also came for a quick visit from Saturday to Sunday. We had a bit of a full house. "Uncle" Chris is a life long family friend who once dropped me on my head as a little kid. I'll never let him live that down. But it was great to catch up with him and let Sadie see how fun he is. Don't worry, I didn't let him drop her on her head! On the whole, we enjoyed a fast, furious, and fun weekend. Hope your's was just a great!

3 comments:

Amber June 2, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

You look great!!! You also make me want to go hiking. To bad it is a billion degrees here

Mama Dee,  June 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Ooh, I just can't wait to read your post to Uncle Chris.
He'll just shake his head, laugh and say, "Geez", she really ISN'T going to let me live that down is she. Ha.
So glad you had such a good weekend with so many friends.

majorfam June 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Too fun! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I am starting to see the beginnings of a baby bump:)

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP