Friday, May 22, 2009

4 Month Check Up

Sadie had her four month well-child doctor appointment yesterday. Dr. Mahan said that she may be starting to teeth, since she had so much drool. She was also happy to see that Sadie really enjoys standing and already tries to put her knees up when you place her on her belly. Sadie is in the 50th percentile in height, but only 25th percentile in weight and head circumference.

Height: 24.2in
Weight: 12lbs 8oz
Head: 15.7in

I think Sadie's appetite has not been as ferocious since she first got that cold and ear infection. It also doesn't help that she threw up for a day last week. The final complicating factor is my milk supply. It has also been low since Sadie first got that cold. I've tried several things to get it back up, but it hasn't helped much. A friend of mine had a similar problem after she had an appendectomy. A lactation specialist told her to try drinking one nice beer between 5-7pm. Well...if you know me...you understand just how much I detest beer. But I'm desperate. I consulted my neighbor who is a beer connoisseur. He told me to try Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. So Sadie and I ventured to the drive-thru at the local store and made the purchase. My first. Next step...actually drink the thing. It was just Sadie and I (Omar would have loved to see this...too bad he's hanging out in Egypt with his brother and dad). It took me almost three hours and I made it only a third of the way through. It was horrible (it's ok to make fun of me). I don't understand how this tastes good to people. I feel the same way about black coffee. Anyhow, the third of a beer seems to have worked. I think my supply is much better today! Hopefully it will stay that way!

Any who...The doctor said to start Sadie on some rice cereal and then work our way up to baby food. I can't believe she's old enough for this stuff already. Sadie also got two shots. She seemed shocked that anyone would do something so horrible to her. So sad. But she seems to be feeling just fine now. She never got a temperature and was just a bit sleepy yesterday. All is well!

She went right to sleep when we got home. Poor thing.

She had this look on her face for a while.

Then we got to playing.


She's also found her bottom lip.


This is typical now. She always has to hold her clothes with one hand and plays (or sucks her thumb) with the other. Her feet are straight up and together as well. So cute. Also notice the little bandaid on her thigh.

7 comments:

Omar May 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

You? Drank? Beer?

I can't believe you didn't ask me for advice on a good dark beer. I can't believe I wasn't there to watch you try and drink it. I can't believe you drank beer to feed our child.

That. Is. Awesome.

Alison May 22, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

She is beyond beautiful! I actually have the same kind of pic of Ava in your last pic with a little bandaid on her leg. I'm glad the beer worked! I've also tried Fenugreek (an herb you can get at Whole Foods)--the only negative side is that you will smell like syrup!

majorfam May 22, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Yuck beer. Sadie will owe you for this one.

She looks so cute in her picture with her feet up in the air. That outfit looks familiar:)

B.B.,  May 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Those are close to her daddy's stats...better than being in the top 99%. Nobody wants a Sumo wrestler. It hurts to see the band-aid on her thigh, though.

Mama Dee,  May 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

What I would have given to actually SEE you drink that beer. Welcome to the world of, "What we won't do for our children". Anyway, if you need to continue to do this, try a milder tasting beer, such as Michelob or Michelob Light. Sadie looks more and more beautiful every day. My heart broke at the sight of her shot bandage, but laughed at her feet sticking straight up in the air. She's just too cute!

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

It's okay, Jenn. I don't like wheat beers either, but you know I like beer in general! Maybe you should try something less intense, like Michelob Ultra or something. More like water. Good luck!

Love, Rach

Grammy,  June 3, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

I recommend Corona with lime. It's the only beer I'll drink.

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP