Fancy Mother's Day Weekend in Dallas
So here are the details...
[Warning: Too many pictures follow]
We drove down to Dallas on Friday and Sadie was a champ. She slept most of the time and took her bottle in the car. Naturally, she was happy to see her B.B. and great granny. She then refused to nap and I was realllllly worried it was the start to very difficult visit....but..............she slept through the night. MirAcuLous!!!!! Happy Mother's Day weekend to me!!! The morning was followed by Cafe Du Monde Beignets, freshly made by Omar. Here is a picture of what was left after we demolished the plate.
Next, Virginia took me to Nordstrom's Spa and treated us to a fancy Mother's Day massage and pedicure. We walked into the salon (the lobby was similar to the picture below) and was immediately greeted by lovely, calming scents. We were led into the back relaxation area, allowed to change into robes, and began our experience with a fancy foot soak (while draped with a warm shoulder blanket and drinking water or natural, peach tea). We each had our massages and then enjoyed the most relaxing pedicure ever. In private rooms, we were reclined fully back in a chair and our legs lifted so our shins were parallel to the ground. There was an eye mask, paraffin, and more tea involved. We topped it all off with a stroll in the shoe and purse departments.

We topped the day off with homemade lasagna (prepared earlier by Virginia) and a visit with a family friend. Ramsey finally made it in that night and met Sadie for the first time. It was also his first time holding any baby. Don't worry, he didn't break her.
Sunday morning, Omar made breakfast again. Bacon. Eggs. And...
Texas shaped biscuits.
Granny happily held Sadie several times and Sadie would look directly at her and just talk, talk, talk.
That evening, Omar made a fabulous dinner of steak, tabouli, mushrooms, bread, and homemade key lime pie. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Monday night, we all went to S&D Oyster Co. in downtown Dallas. An Al-Rikabi tradition. I always get the New Orleans Bar-B-Q Shrimp. I don't like the Cole Slaw.
Now I'm back in Fayetteville, while Omar enjoys a few more days in Texas (he and Ramsey are going down to the farm). I flew back today and Sadie was a great traveller!!!
A pretty good first Mother's Day. I hope each of yours was as wonderful as mine. And if you made it to the end of my story, I congratulate you. My stories are not so exciting.



2 comments:
Happy Late Mother's Day Jen!!!
I made to the end and enjoyed it too.
I don't know, I think the stories were plenty exciting. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful first Mother's Day Jenn. All that food talk though,has made me hungry. And I think I need a massage too! :-)
Post a Comment