Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Morning.

So it's now Saturday afternoon. But my day started at 6:15am, when Sadie decided she was hungry. I eventually got her back to bed after she nursed and played for a few minutes. She woke at 8am for the day, and I brought her to bed for feeding #2. Omar lazily woke up about that time and the flooding rain began. Ahhhh....perfect day to sleep in. But wait, I got a kid.

Omar to the rescue. Sort of.

He makes a comment about me sleeping in while he took care of the kid. Turns out he was joking, but I didn't find it funny. So, after a couple pitiful looks from yours truly, Omar watched the kid and I rolled back under the covers. Heaven.

Just after falling hard asleep, I was woken by a baby standing on my legs, supported by a smiling Omar. Daddy wanted to show off the cute, but rather large, outfit he chose for Sadie. She was pretty cute, but I was somewhat irritated that my lovely husband thought it was a genius idea to wake up his sleeping bride on one of the two days a year she gets to sleep in...and nothing was wrong with the kid.


So I finally fall back asleep.

I awake at 10am to a fussy baby in the living room. It's naptime for Sadie, but it sounds like she's not up for it. I stumble out of the bedroom to the smell of cinnamon rolls and discover it has been quite the stereotypical morning with dad in charge. All rules out the window.

Daddy did feed her some oatmeal and bananas and got her dressed for the day. Apparently, several outfits changes were involved, as they were either too big or too small. The final outfit, a onsie stating that daddy is her favorite, with matching capris. And then I find the exersaucer sitting directly in front of the tv. And I mean directly...just a yard away...with Toy Story running in the DVD. Really? Daddy thought it was also a good idea to sit the kid in front of the tv and watch cartoons. He asks of mommy, "Don't you do this often?" I reply, "twice. ever." (and a few feet away mind you).

So we give the kid some extra milk and she eventually whines herself to sleep.

I have to give Omar some credit though. He survived and Sadie survived. And mommy got to sleep in...ish. Thanks babe!!!!!


P.S. I'm super excited about Christmas.

4 comments:

BeBe,  August 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Mmm, I loved Saturday morning cartoons--vegged out on the sofa, in my jammies, with a bowl of cereal. Mighty Mouse was my favorite...did I just date myself? Anywho, someday it will be a cheap Saturday morning babysitter.

Grammy,  August 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Interesting that you have the Toy Story DVD. Who usually watches it...Omar? I say no TV for Sadie until she is at least 2! Seriously, it rewires their brains. Not in a good way.

BeBe,  August 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Listen to your Grammy. She's right.

majorfam August 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

My kids are fluent in spanish from watching tv...ok, not really, but a few words is good right?

I love the morning story...and how close Sadie is sitting to the tv:) I am still laughing.

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP