Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Sick Baby...

I know. Again. I think I just wrote a post saying she was sick...again... And now here we are...again...

I'm not sure what's wrong. Probably a stomach virus. She's had a fever and just cries out in pain. If she's not better by tomorrow, off to the doctor we go. She woke up about 2am two nights ago and she wouldn't go back to sleep without me. So she slept, but I didn't. Since then, we haven't been able to put her down. I've spent the last two days on the couch holding her while she sleeps. Sitting in the same position for hours has left my butt numb and my back aching. And when Daddy is home, she has to have him. Last night, she slept alone, and did so for fourteen hours. Yes, that's a lot of hours. Wish I could do that.

And...while this is no surprise...she's also teething. But she is always teething. Poor kid. It takes two months for a molar to push through. We've got a bottom molar just peeking out from the flesh. Great.


On another note...Sadie had her 12 month check-up last Friday. Her original appointment was rescheduled due to the ice storm. Everything checked out a'ok. Her iron was back up and the doctor was pleased with her growth.

Weight: 20lbs 0.5oz (Just enough to turn the car seat forward...she loves it!)
25th percentile

Height: 29.3 inches
50th percentile

I have always felt as if I need to get her weight up, but she has been in the 25th percentile for the entirety of her life (oh so long). But I've come to the resolution that this is her healthy. The doctor has never been concerned and always points out that she does not come from a large family. So 25th percentile we will stay.

Pray Sadie feels better soon!

4 comments:

majorfam February 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

So pitiful:( But also SO cute:)

Did you know that the new recommendation is to leave kids facing rear facing until 2 years old??? Pure craziness.

I am so glad Sadie got some medicine and will hopefully feel better soon!

Grammy,  February 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Poor baby. I'll hold her for awhile!

Em February 19, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Do I see her beautiful beads? At least she feels good enough to put on some bling. Get well Sadie.

Us February 21, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

She does love her beads. Got to look good...even when we're sick!

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP