5 YEARS!!!!!!
I know...I can't believe it either. Some days I feel as if we just met and then others feel like we have been together forever! It's hard to remember life without Omar and I am so grateful for all that we have learned and experienced together. I know Omar is who God wants me to be with and I am excited for all that our life together will bring!
When Omar and I started dating, it only took a matter of days before I knew we would marry one another. He says he knew the first time he saw me as I walked down the isle to take communion one day in chapel...although I think that's easy to say now that we're married (but don't tell him I said so!). I had just begun Seminary and was rather wary of the 'crazy seminary guys who scope the newbies for a piano playin' wife.' Let me tell you, they are like moths to a flame. I digress... Despite all my precautions against such guys, it was only a few days before we began dating, and five weeks after that we openly talked about marrying one another.
One of our first pictures together. He even wore contacts those first few weeks to impress me! Hehe!

It took us a few more weeks to fully realize we were engaged simply because we talked about it casually and there was no ring involved. Once this was clear, we shared the news with the families...a little backwards we know...but then again, we didn't plan for it to happen this way. I don't think they were entirely surprised though, since I brought Omar home to meet the family not long after we met and he became a regular fixture by my side!
I think this may have been Omar's first family night at my dad's house. Obviously near Halloween. Awesome, I know.
Less than a year later...tada...
I love this photo by family friend, Walt Roycraft.
Since we married, Omar and I have been fortunate enough to...
- Travel to Jordan for a family wedding, followed by a three week study abroad program in Israel/Palestine. Here are links to two facebook photo albums documenting our trip...album 1 and album 2.
- Graduate from Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Become the Director (Omar, that is) of the University of Arkansas Wesley Foundation (never thought I'd move to Arkansas..eek! Or become a foster care worker).
- Travel to Egypt/Jordan...see the pyramids, King Tut, etc... Album 1 and Album 2
- Make incredible, life-long friends.
- Buy our first home.
- Start to grow a family!
- Become a stay at home momma.
The best gift Omar could ever give me...
Marriage certainly isn't always easy, but it's worth it! Omar I love you and cannot wait to see what God has in store for us!!!


.jpg)


5 comments:
congrats, friends! I remember that we were the Agertons' official babysitters while they went to your wedding. That was only five years ago? Crazy! May God keep blessing the two of you.
Congratulations, you two! I can't believe it's been 5 years. May blessings continue to abound in the years ahead.
Sending you love and hugs...
AWWW...so sweet. It makes me laugh out loud at the slightest hint of you being some what cheesy. Love it:)
-I didn't know that Omar wore contacts at first to impress you....so hilarious!
I remember you bringing Omar home for the first time.
We loved him right away and we also knew he was the right guy for you. I love to see how God has grown and blessed you both as a family. Nothing makes a parent happier, than to see their child happy, no matter how old they get. And we ARE very much happy for you.
Congratulations to you both, my sweet girl.
I'm a little teary-eyed.
Post a Comment