Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Progress!!!

Let me just say that I have not exactly been ready for Norah to come. Though we are super excited to meet the newest member of our family, the house was in no way ready, nor did I feel emotionally prepared for the changes that are about to come. Just two weeks ago, Norah's room was still a guest bedroom. We had not even attempted to put up the crib, wash newborn clothes, clean out the closets/attic, stock up on food, etc. Furthermore, we have daily life with Sadie down to a science. She is at such a great age, sleeps 12 hours a night, and is relatively easy to care for. With the introduction of the new kiddo, we'll once again be visiting those sleepless nights, scheduling/eating/sleeping concerns, etc. And who knows how Sadie will adjust to having a baby around. This is honestly one of my biggest concerns...but I'm praying it will be just fine!

Today, I can say that much progress has been made!!! Thank goodness! Her room is as ready as it's going to get for now, Norah's clothes are washed, and the house is relatively in order. I have Omar to thank for accomplishing some of these huge tasks! He's been a rock star, especially considering my limitations. Now that these big tasks are complete, I'm able to focus more energy on preparing myself for this new little life. I'm feeling more and more excited each day! This is certainly a good thing, because I'm now 2cm dilated, 70% effaced, and her head is at a -2 station. I am progressing at exactly the same rate as I did with Sadie, so I'm feeling more confident that she will stay put till October 29th. If Norah has not come before then, which she won't, my doctor will induce that day. Seriously, pray that Norah waits till then. This way my mom and step-dad will be here to take care of Sadie while I'm in the hospital. If not, I have wonderful friends here that will adopt Sadie for a couple days if needed, but I'd prefer not to entirely break-up their kid's schedules with the addition of little Sadie. I also know it would be best for Sadie to stay home. So put those little prayer hands together and get to work!

Though I completely failed at documenting this pregnancy well, we finally took a picture this morning at 37 1/2 weeks! I'm just a bit smaller than I was with Sadie, but you probably can't tell by this pic.

Just 2 weeks and 2 days left! Crazy.

Kissing "NoNor" as Sadie likes to call her.

And for the big nursery reveal....


I loooooove how it turned out! We still squeezed the queen size guest bed in the room for family to sleep in while they visit. But as soon as they're out, the mattresses are going into storage, I'll rearrange the room, and hang the accessories. Once everything is in place, I'll do a final blog post with all the before after pictures.

I love that the furniture was Omar's as a child (not the crib, which is borrowed from the Billingsley's). After I refinished the set, I added the super cute glass knobs and lined the drawers this wallpaper I picked up a few months ago from the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store for a buck.

Did I mention that I love it?


4 comments:

Amber October 14, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

You are the cutest!! You seriously look great.

The furniture is beautiful. You do such a great job refinishing furniture. I need to get it a shot sometime.

BeBe,  October 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I'm pretty sure that you're a decorating genius. The nursery is beautiful!

majorfam October 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

You look so cute. Love, Love, Love the nursery. It is SOOO pretty. The furniture is fabulous.

Unknown October 21, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

I am so happy to see that the blanket matches the nursery. :) I was worried I wasn't correctly remembering/picturing what you'd described.

Also, I lurve that little maternity top! You're looking very cute. I hope I get to see you at some point next weekend, but if not, I'll totally understand. Good luck with the baby-having!

About Me

My photo
We're awesome...we know.

Followers

Daily Scripture Reader

Daily Scripture Reader
Journey with Asbury Theological Seminary through the current scripture reader! It's well worth your time! Promise!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP