Norah's Room Reveal...
So I waited till Norah was nearly 7-months-old to reveal her nursery. What can I say...I've been a little busy. And honestly, I kind of forgot.
But I love her room. For the first time, a room looks just as I imagined/hoped it would. It is filled with little treasures that make is so, so special. The natural light in the room is wonderful and I knew I wanted to keep it cool and calming. After maaaaany sample paints and self-made mixtures (and nagging of the neighbors/hubby about which slightly different shade of grey was best), I found just the right grey.
The most special part of the room is the dresser/hutch combo. This was Omar's furniture as a child. I will write another post about the transformation of this piece to what it looks like today, but I love that under the fresh coat of white paint, you can see all the bangs and dents he put in it all those years ago. There is a second hutch that we will add to the other dresser once we no longer need a changing table (don't worry, she couldn't turn over at the time this picture was taken).
Also special to the room:
- The picture frames. I found them at at local warehouse/estate sale and refinished them. I still ned to fill them with 8x10's of our little girl.
- The chair. Oh My Goodness. The chair. I love the chair. Omar's parents helped us purchase the chair as a Christmas gift and it is everything I ever dreamed of. I know it's white...but I don't regret it.
- The "Norah" letters. I didn't plan on using letters, but Omar really wanted them (which I thought was cute). I especially couldn't say no when he asked in such a hopeful way, "Are you going to paint them pink?" They are pretty cute!
- The framed teddy bear. My step-granny drew this picture of a bear that once belonged to one of her family members long, long ago (I mean 1800 something). This picture is a replica of course.
- The set of Chronicles of Narnia stacked under that piggy bank. These were once my mom's that I also read. We will be sure to read them to the girls in a few years.
- The crib (see below). This was Sadie's friend, Evie's crib and we are grateful Norah gets to use it!
- The bedding. This is a hand-me-down from our Kentucky friend Tiffani. Sadie used it first, and the pink toile is even more wonderful in Norah's room.
- The wallpaper lined drawers. I found this roll of scrap wallpaper for 50 cents at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store long before I was pregnant with Norah. It's perfect.
- The mobile. I was inspired by a similar one I saw online and decided I could make one myself. They turned out perfect and spin ever so slightly with the fan on!

7 comments:
Love her room! This is what I was imagining with the pink and grey. The only thing is I wonder how it will look with dark furniture? I think that's my hang-up right now. :)
So pretty. I love it. I love the gray walls. What color is it? I told Mike I wanted to paint Elizabeth's new room gray, but he vetoed it because he said gray reminds him too much of a submarine. That gray you used is kind of what I had in my head, though. It looks great.
It turned out incredibly beautiful. I love it. You are so talented and Norah is blessed to grow up surrounded by such treasured special items. Is the mobile made out of wallpaper samples? It's so pretty.
Fantabulous! What an amazing job you did. It's so beautiful...looks like it's from a magazine. You are so talented! The transformation of the furniture is incredible...doesn't even look like the furniture Omar had when he was growing up.
I HEART this room. It really looks amazing. It would make me smile every time I walked into the room:)
Love your nursery. Small world. I saw your post on Megan's blog and clicked to see your nursery then realized that I know Omar from the seminary. I work at the University but my husband graduated from the Seminary in 08 and my mom worked over there for the last 17 years. Nice to meet you via blogger. :)
Unbelievably adorable!! The gray and pink are so calming and feminine--even chic! I love it all!
Post a Comment